Last Updated: 11th September 2008
UK website www.vip-computers.com/uk.
VIP is committed to protecting your privacy and takes every reasonable precaution to safeguard the information you supply.
VIP complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 to ensure that your information is kept secure and processed fairly and lawfully.
By trading with VIP or by using www.vip-computers.com/uk you accept and consent to the practices described in this document.
This document is not to be confused with the VIP Terms and Conditions.
Type of Information Collected
The type of information VIP will collect includes (but is not limited to):
- Information you supply - for example your name, company name, contact details, delivery addresses, credit/debit card details,
- Information collected automatically by tracking your progress around the website, and from recording previous orders,
- Information may be collected from activities on the VIP website, about the domain from which you are visiting and information
regarding pages accessed, and
- Information may also be added by the VIP Sales Team or other VIP staff.
You may notify VIP of any updates, amendments or corrections to previously collected information via the Contact Us section on
this website or by calling VIP Sales on 0871 622 7500. If you have any questions/comments about privacy, please e-mail
Main Uses of Information
VIP collects information about you for two reasons: to process orders in a safe, efficient and timely manner, and to review and improve services.
VIP may use the data collected for market research and to send communications about products, services, events and special offers by e-mail or post.
VIP may share any information it collects within the VIP Group of companies or with other parties including business partners, suppliers and
financial institutions or as otherwise permitted under the Data Protection Act 1998. If required to do so by law, VIP may disclose
information to comply with legal process or to protect the legal or contractual obligations of VIP.
The website tracks the patterns of behaviour of visitors to this site, including but not limited to, your route through the site,
pages viewed, purchase history, the web browser and operating system used. This information is stored to improve the experience of
visitors to the website, and to deliver content that is relevant. Cookies, stored on your web browser, identify you when you are logged
onto the site and can remember your login between visits. Resident cookies can be disabled, but you will not have the benefit of an
automatic login and access to certain services or features.
Accessing Your Information
If you would like to see the information VIP holds, you can in the following ways:
- Log onto the website and go to your account details page. Some of these details can be amended immediately. Other details,
especially those which VIP needs to ensure good service and to protect your security, can be updated by filling in the relevant request form.
- To view, edit or delete the credit/debit card details that you have asked VIP to retain, log into the website and go to the card management page.
Card details are stored in an encrypted format and are not shared with third parties.
- To view your purchase history, log into the website and go to the account history page.
- To check what details have been collected about you as you travel around the VIP website, please email.
Changes to the Statement of Privacy
To notify you of the change, VIP will either place a notice on the home page of the website or contact you by e-mail.